The KitchenPosted: February 5, 2014
Food Network has come up with a new program that is not in the reality show/competition format. Wow! What a concept.
It’s called The Kitchen, and it airs Saturdays at 11:00. It strikes me as being a blatant rip-off of ABC’s The Chew, but that’s fine. I’ll take it. I don’t have the time to watch an hour-long food program five days a week, so the weekly format works well for me. And I like the hosts.
- Sunny Anderson — I’m familiar with Sunny, although I have never sat down and watched any of her programs. I’m enjoying her on The Kitchen.
- Marcela Valladolid — I loved Marcela on Mexican Made Easy, and I’m sorry that she is not making new episodes. I’m delighted to see her here. I have as much of a crush on her as I do on Giada. Probably more so, because Marcela strikes me as being more real and approachable.
- Katie Lee — Katie is new to me, but I love her warm, cheerful presence on the program. I’m developing a crush on her as well.
- Jeff Mauro — Jeff is probably the host I have warmed up to the least, but he still has a lot to contribute to the show.
- Geoffrey Zakarian — I was not familiar with Geoffrey, although he has been a judge on Chopped and was an Iron Chef winner. But how could I not like a slender, grey-haired man who wears glasses? (Though he put aside the glasses in the most recent episode.)
The show is a lot of fun, and there are recipes worth saving and trying.
I hope Food Network keeps it around.