all those “lasts”Posted: April 27, 2015 Filed under: Heading in a new direction Leave a comment
As we prepare to move south I am thinking about all our “lasts” here in Gilroy, the Garlic Capital.
- We saw Debbie, our long-time hair stylist, for the last time a week ago Saturday.
- We had our last lunch at Ginger Café, our local South Asian restaurant, a week ago today.
- I no doubt had my last personal Guinevere’s Garden and iced tea at Round Table Pizza last week.
- I suspect the take-out taco plate I got at Taco Mania on Friday was my last visit there.
- I baked bread on Friday. Probably the last loaf to be baked in our remodeled kitchen.
- Tasha had her last visit to her groomer Stephanie on Friday, whom she has been seeing pretty much ever since we brought her home in 2005. Stephanie was sad that Tasha was leaving town.
- Our date night at the Milias restaurant on Saturday was our last visit there. And what an excellent meal and great date night it was!
- We planned our last visit to Victoria’s Mexican Restaurant for next Tuesday, a week from tomorrow, not realizing that is Cinco de Mayo. However, our movers moved our move date to Tuesday. Since Donald “Elvis” Prieto only works lunches Tuesday and Wednesday, and since we are in Hemet Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, Terry may have to get take-out that Tuesday in order to say good-bye to Don.
- I hope to make one last visit to Rocca’s Market the end of this week.
We’ll have lots of new and fun things to discover in Hemet and Four Seasons, but it’s appropriate also to look back.