healthier snackingPosted: February 7, 2017
I have this habit of trying to clean up my act (at least somewhat) in advance of my annual blood work. So I have, for the time being at least, sworn off bags of fun size Snickers in favor of roasted almonds. I used to make them all the time up in Gilroy and I thought I needed to get back to that. Healthy. Good for cholesterol.
It’s really easy.
- Raw almonds from the bulk section of the grocery store
- Olive oil
- Your favorite seasoning (preferably salt-free)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put enough olive oil in a bowl to cover the almonds.
- Add your favorite salt-free seasoning.
- Toss the almonds in the mixture
- Spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Let the almonds cool off and then store in an air-tight container.
Voila! A tasty, healthy snack!